BTEC Level 3 Technical Advanced Diploma
"I am hoping to study Sports Therapy at university and this course has helped me to develop my knowledge and confidence in the sports field. The practical application of theory helps make the course far more relevant to the sporting industry."
What will I study?
This three A Level equivalent course helps to develop knowledge, understanding, practical skills and appreciation of the context in which sports activity takes place. The course helps prepare students for university as well as for careers in the sports industry.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Event Organisation
- Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- Coaching and Leading for Participation
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Psychology
- Coaching for Performance
- Provision of Sport for People with Physical or Learning Disabilities
- Physical Education and the Care of Young People
- Practical Sports Performance
- Exercise and Circuit based Physical Activity
What do I need to study this course?
4 GCSE’s (Grade 9-5) or BTEC Level 2 Diploma in a related subject.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through coursework and externally examined units. All students will complete a one week work experience placement during their course. Students are expected to arrange this independently.
Where will a BTEC Advanced Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science lead me?
The BTEC Technical Advanced Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science is for those wishing to pursue a career in Sports Development or jobs in Coaching, or Coaching Support. It is also appropriate for progression to teaching roles that would be entered through specialist degree routes.
Colleges Offering Courses
- Christ the King: Emmanuel
- Christ the King: St Mary's