BTEC Level 2 Diploma
What will I study?
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport is a one-year level 2 course; it is a coursework and exam based qualification.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport gives students the opportunity to gain specific knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to their chosen subject or area of work. The course is made up of 13 units, two of which are externally examined.
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise (Assessed by external examination)
- Practical Sports Performance
- Carrying out a Sports Related Project
- The Mind and Sports Performance
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance (Assessed by external examination)
- Lifestyle and Well-Being
- Injury and the Sports Performer
- Designing Exercise Programmes
- Leading Sports Activities
- Running a Sports Event
What do I need to study this course?
GCSEs (Grades 3-2), including English, and a keen interest in sport.
How will I be assessed?
11 units are assessed by completing practical tasks, presentations, written assignments and role plays which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction level. Two units are assessed externally by examination. All students will complete a one week work experience placement during their course. Students are expected to arrange this independently.
Where will a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport lead me?
This course will allow you to progress on to the BTEC Technical Advanced Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science. With further training and study, students could go into a variety of careers in the Sports and Leisure fields such as Sports Coaching, Fitness Instructing and Sports Development.
Colleges Offering Courses
- Christ the King: Emmanuel