Health & Social Care
BTEC Level 2 Diploma
“The Health and Social Care course has helped me to develop my research skills and to become an independent learner. I am more aware of current issues in the health sector and have an up-to-date knowledge on relevant policies and procedures. During work experience I was able to apply theoretical knowledge gained in the classroom on a more practical level”
What will I study?
This course provides the range of knowledge and skills needed to progress on to a variety of professions in the Health and Social Care field. You will learn about the different professions, services, service user groups and settings that are found in this employment sector. The approach to learning in this course enables you to develop the academic knowledge, skills, personal confidence and self-awareness needed to build a platform for your future professional success.
- Human Lifespan Development (externally assessed)
- Health and Social Care Values
- Carrying out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living (externally assessed)
Specialist Optional Units:
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Skills and Qualities for Working in the Health and Social Care Sector
What do I need to study this course?
GCSEs (Grades 3-2), including English, and a commitment to this area of study.
How will I be assessed?
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a coursework and externally assessed qualification. There are two external examinations. All other units are assessed and graded through reports, activities and a variety of tasks.
Where will a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care lead me?
Students who achieve a Merit grade can progress on to the Applied A Level Health and Social Care course or BTEC National level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. Alternatively, they can pursue an apprenticeship or gain employment in an early year’s service, residential care unit, health care, youth or community work setting.
Colleges Offering Courses
- Christ the King: Aquinas
- Christ the King: Emmanuel
- Christ the King: St Mary's