Christ the King prides itself on creating a supportive, nurturing environment for staff as well as students, and this is reflected in the College’s ethos and its educational and pastoral vision.
We also provide rigorous, targeted support for our staff throughout their careers at the College.
Mentoring is seen as a supportive process with a clear agreement, brief and time frame between mentor and mentee. We have a number of established programmes in which experienced mentors provide a ‘listening ear’ and clear guidance to inform and develop practice.
Established programmes include mentoring support for:
- NQTs and unqualified on a post compulsory route into teaching;
- Induction programmes for all new teaching and support staff;
- Cross-College leadership programme;
A number of tailored mentoring programmes at the request of individuals or as an outcome from quality and observation processes.
To date, these have included:
- Securing Middle Leadership
- Refreshing leadership
- Subject support to improve teaching and learning
- Leading a course from good to outstanding