At Christ the King, the provision of high-quality, targeted CPD for all staff, both teaching and non-teaching, is absolutely integral to our mission to provide top-quality education to our young people: staff development is an explicit priority.
The process of CPD involves staff in developing themselves, other staff and the College as a whole – a process of continuous learning.We support a wide portfolio of CPD approaches including staff conferences, induction programmes, NQT and early career programmes, enhanced training for experienced staff, ‘promote’ programmes for middle and senior leaders, coaching and mentoring and training for support staff. The college is also committed to a research-based approach to bridge the divide between educational research and practice. A number of large and small-scale research projects are undertaken by staff each year.
We seek to foster a culture where:
- teaching and learning is our core focus and is widely discussed
- what individuals do in the classroom is part of a whole-College pedagogy;
- staff have access to a wealth of opportunities to develop professional competencies;
- outstanding practice is identified, explored, disseminated and celebrated;
- we seek constantly to reflect on what we do and how we can improve.