Aspiring Graduate Programme (AsGP)
Which students enrol on this programme?
This programme is specifically designed for students who are enrolled on BTEC Level 2 Diplomas.
What is the main focus of the programme?
The overall focus for this BTEC Level 2 programme is to reinforce and promote learning. This is a specialist programme which gives students studying BTEC Certificate courses opportunities to consolidate their learning in order to support progression to Level 3 courses. Each Aspiring Graduate Programme is tailored to meet the needs of the individual BTEC course; ensuring skills and opportunities are directly related and essential for the area of work being studied. The programme provides for:
- 13.5 hours of BTEC Level 2 study and targeted workshops.
- Bespoke and targeted subject related activities.
- Targeted support in the L6 year in order to facilitate transition from GCSE to BTEC study
- Bespoke progression and careers programme to help students to make the best progression to Level 3 courses or into work.
- Scaffolding in their learning in order to consolidate their learning skills.