Extended Graduate Programme (EGP)
Which students can enroll in this programme?
Those with GCSE grades A*-C, including Maths and English, with an average GCSE score of 5.0 and above.
What is the main focus of the programme?
The overall focus for this A Level programme is to enrich and extend learning. Given their prior attainment, students are expected to succeed in a focussed programme which is designed to ensure they are challenged to achieve the highest grades possible relative to their starting points and to be equipped with the skills and qualifications needed to make excellent progression to university or work. All students are expected to start their programme with four AS subjects in order to provide breadth and facilitate transition.
The programme provides for:
- 4.5 hours of A Level study and targeted workshops.
- Bespoke and targeted A Level master classes.
- Targeted support in the AS year in order to facilitate transition from GCSE to A Level
- Bespoke progression and careers programme to help students to understand where their interests and capabilities lie.
- Scaffolding in their learning in order to facilitate the development of their research and thinking skills.